Monday, July 13, 2015

Rang the register

The aforementioned non-slam-dunk has been closed, and it's sort of a relief, although I admit I'm a little burned up about not getting the last $150.  That is a personality trait within myself that I had better learn to control.  Time is money, and I can probably make more during the four days between now and Friday, or at least have other things on my mind, and not wake up dreaming of scanning the options chains.


Well, maybe I'll still dream the same thing, without the side-dream about rolling two weeks out.



Nuts and bolts:  I risked being either assigned $52,000 worth of short UVXY shares or having my account debited in order to deliver 1,000 shares at $52 each to the contract buyer at a cost to me of whatever the difference would be between the contracted $52 and the price at which I'd have to obtain the shares (example:  $62 UVXY would cost me $10 per share or $10,000 as a loss to my account).  I could have bought shares at a price under (or even over) 52 to make these calls covered, though, at any time before assignment.   At one point I was behind in this position by $3,350 (or more - I don't remember every bid/ask but I think I may have seen $7.00), and I did receive a margin call for $19,618.93 from my broker, but it was in conjunction with the position detailed in the July 15th post.  The margin call disappeared with no action needed on my part.  I set out to make a maximum of $3,135.20, but closed early and realized $2,970.00.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your trades, thoughts and emotions throughout the trading process. It really is a good education for the newbies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I'm glad to know that people are enjoying reading.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you think about this.