Thursday, June 18, 2015

New Page Tabs at the Top

I have added new tabs at the top so that monthly trades can be viewed there.  This is because I plan to comment extensively here, in the main blog space.  Let's start right away:

June is shaping up nicely enough.  I feel like I've been sitting around watching paint dry, but it's nice paint.  How many times can short options be cashed in around one core position?  Right now I have a short strangle with some shares right there in the middle (I prefer not to own shares but for various reasons, I might buy them - one reason being to make the short calls covered), and I also have some naked calls for farther out.  Let's see how this shapes up!

I have 400 shares of SVXY and 4 short calls against that for 91.50 at the June 26th expiration.  I paid 91.30 for the shares, so:  Easy come, easy go on the shares.

I also have 4 short calls at 93 on the July 2 expiration.  I will not let those remain uncovered, so depending on how fast the stock moves, I may have to cash in my short puts (at the 85 strike for June 26th) to allow me to buy shares to cover that.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you think about this.